Friday, September 17, 2004

School of Rock (R.I.P. - Johnny Ramone)

When I was a clueless 7th grader way back in the late '70s (and all the boys at my private, Episcopalian school were listening to Aerosmith, Boston, and Kansas!), I braved a dance at Marymount (a private, Catholic girls school on the Upper East Side), and the DJ played "I Wanna be Sedated" about 10 times (along with the B-52's "Rock Lobster"). I didn't make much headway with the girls (one even walked away from dancing with me in the middle of a song because I was a damn poor dancer at the time), but I fell in love with punk and new wave music that night…a love that still beatin' strong in my heart.

I just hope Johnny and Joey can patch things up between them in rock'n'roll heaven. Forever is a long time to stay pissed at each other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home