Tuesday, September 14, 2004

The Kids are Alright

Okay, I've been on vacation and didn't bother to post anything here. So sue me. I escaped the GOP's unwelcome invasion of Gotham with my wife and kids -- and headed for the hills. Literally. (In case anything happened, and forgive me for my bleak worldview, I brought along my kids' birth certificates...)

Anyway, the point of this post is to pass along these pearls of wisdom from the young ones:

While watching the U.S. women's volleyball team compete at the Olympics, my son, having seen repeated shots of Misty May's rather ample bum flowing out of her teeny bikini bottom, stated that her swimsuit should be dubbed a "buttkini."

Later, when taking with my four year-old nephew about how the 2000 election was essentially stolen by Dubya and his GOP goons (in the simplest of terms, mind you), he declared that Bush is like "Swiper from 'Dora the Explorer.'" (For those of you not hip to pre-school tee-vee, Swiper is a weasel who steals things from Dora and her friend Boots the Monkey. Whenever you see Swiper on the screen, you are supposed to say, "Swiper, no swiping!" And he slinks away.) An apt metaphor, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home