Thursday, October 19, 2006

Is Your Love is Like a Button?/You Can't Stop Pushing It?

Does anyone over 18 wear buttons ('badges' in Brit-talk) of their favorite bands anymore?

I've got a beat up jean jacket that I'm starting to decorate with a slew of badges that I had from my favorite bands. But I wanted more and was having a hard time finding a store or website that had a good selection of post-punk and alternative bands...until I found Mock the Rock.

Dude! I hit paydirt. My order just came in yesterday with buttons from Echo and the Bunnymen, Art Brut, Blur, Kaiser Chiefs, The Smiths, Super Furry Animals, Pulp, Supergrass, Futureheads, Psychedelic Furs, Elvis Costello, The Cure, Dandy Warhols, Elastica (!), The Fall, The Modern Lovers, The Pretenders, and T-Rex. And looking over the site just now, there are a bunch more than I'm gonna buy.

Go there now and get some badges, pin them on yer jacket, shirt, or bag--and see how many people will come and talk to you about 'em!

* * * *

Today's song lyric is from General Public's "Tenderness" off "All the Rage," their self-titled, debut album.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home